Friday, March 23, 2012

God plays No Favorites


Acts 10: 34-36--"Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality." But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ--He is Lord of all."

"GOD IS LOVE"---this has been on my heart for the past week and a half. As I ponder on the statement it adds more and more depth to it as I really think about what it truly means. I could go on for days trying to tell you in words what it means but it means so much; that our English vocabulary cannot adequately justify what this truly means.
We all try to measure up to some kind of standard within our lives. What is that standard in your life? I pray and hope that it is God's standard!! His standard of righteousness, peace, love, grace, mercy, salvation, purity, kindness, gentleness, and knowing that He is the reason why we as humans exisist. Without His love, I would be lost and forsaken; not just me but we all would be. He gave his Son Jesus Christ to die a brutal death for our sins--He did it out of love. It brings to mind a quote from a movie that I just recently watched that goes like this: "I am nothing because I am not sending my son to Tonga, God is sending you because there is someone there worth fighting for that God knows about, I don't see anything worth fighting for over there because I don't know anyone there, BUT God does and He knows that it is not in vein." In the movie a father is giving a goodbye talk to his son who is leaving to go on a missionary journey and says that he really doesn't want his son to leave and risk his life for others that he doesn't know BUT he is trusting that God knows that it is worth it, one soul, even though the father does not know anyone there, he is reassured that one soul for the Kingdom is worth it.
God gave up Jesus because of us, it wasn't easy at all BUT He did it anyway. The epitomy of LOVE is best seen at the Cross. It doesn't matter what race, ethnicity, culture, how you dress, what you drive, where you live, the education you have, what matters is to accept unconditional love and knowing your place in eternity. Love is what makes things better, perfect love casts out all fear & God is a perfect love.
I can't help but to think that in a few months from now I am going to be so out of my "normal" living patterns, engulfed in a new culture, meeting new people, sharing God's LOVE in a lost and dying world--all of this is for His Kingdom, not for my glory but for God's glory. He knows already who He has set out to put in the path of our team to minister too, He is a God with a divine plan, He is never early and never late--my God is right ON TIME!! I truly am ecstatic about this upcoming trip because God looks at our heart--He desires to see Himself when He looks at each and every person.


TRIP UPDATE: **I just met today with a t-shirt company that I am teaming up with to do a fundraiser with, I just sat down to design a t-shirt (pictures coming soon!!) to take pre-orders from people that would like to support me with this mission trip! Sm-XL shirts will be $12 and 2X-5X shirts will be $14--please email me at tulipgurl222@yahoo.com if you would like one!

**Support is slowly coming in, I have had several people say that they are going to send in monies and for that I am very grateful! Thank you all for your support and if you feel lead to support financially please email me for more info!!

Have a Blessed Day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment